Interventional Oncology (Cancer Treatment)
When it comes to fighting cancer, the Supreme Vascular and Interventional Clinic combines the latest advancements in interventional oncology with Dr. Manish Taneja, our interventional expert, who is determined to provide you with the most effective and targeted treatments available.
Introduction to Interventional Oncology
Interventional oncology is a rapidly growing field in cancer care that involves diagnosis and management of different types of tumours in the body. We offer the following procedures at our practice.
Procedures for Interventional Oncology
- A biopsy is a procedure for confirmation and identifying type of cancer to plan further treatment.
Cancer Therapy Vascular Access
- Includes the creation of portacath insertions (a small device inserted into the chest) and PICC lines placement (A catheter that gives doctors access to central veins near the heart) for cancer patients to receive chemotherapy without the need for repeated needle injections.
- Involves using minimally invasive techniques to treat tumours or alleviate symptoms.
- Examples of ablation procedures include radiofrequency ablation, microwave ablation and cryoablation.
- Involves targeted therapy being delivered directly to tumours. There is minimal impact on healthy tissues, and side effects are reduced.
- Examples of embolization procedures include chemoembolization, radioembolization (selective internal radiation therapy [SIRT]), DC beads chemoembolization and bland embolization.
- Involves the use of minimally invasive techniques to stop tumor bleeding or to open blockages of normal blood vessels by growing tumor cells. These are usually palliative procedures.
Pain Management Therapies
- Injections and blocks can be used to provide relief from cancer-related pain.
Other Health Conditions
Being one of the few dual trained and certified neurointerventional and peripheral vascular interventionists in practice in Singapore, Dr. Manish Taneja has a special interest in treating brain aneurysms, stroke, and vascular malformations using latest advanced techniques. Another area of his expertise is interventional management of pain, and he offers a range of treatment options for spine pain done under ultrasound and CT guidance with potentially improved accuracy and efficacy.
The Supreme Vascular and Interventional Clinic is your “go-to” facility for various conditions and treatments. We also look after cancer pain for interventional pain management. To arrange an appointment with Dr. Manish Taneja, our vascular and interventional specialist, contact us. You can also call us at (+65) 6904 8084 for a consultation.